Saturday, June 10, 2006


6.10.06

The LSD in Prospect Park was good!

(excerpt of a conversation with myself)

Jim2: What’s that? Jim are you on drugs? LSD?

Jim: That’s right Jim2. I am in Training for a marathon.

Jim2: Then what are you doing taking LSD in Prospect Park?

Jim: Jim2, its just another way of saying Long Slow Distance.

Jim2: Long Slow Distance?

Jim: That’s right Jim2. On Saturday’s in Prospect Park, I get together with my other Team In Training teammates and run for a long time at a slow pace.

Jim2: Whew! That’s a relief. How far did you run?

Jim: Jim2 I ran a five mile loop.

Jim2: FIVE MILES? Gee willikers! That’s like a long long long distance.

Jim: Well Jim2, its nothing compared to the twenty six miles of a marathon.

Jim2: Twenty six miles? Won’t that take like a week to run?

Jim: Let’s hope not.

Jim2: Well I’m glad you’re not doing drugs. For a minute there I thought...

Jim: I know what you thought. Remember Jim2, Just Say No To Drugs.

Jim2: I will Jim. And good luck with the marathon. Which one are you training for?

Jim: That’s a good question. I was training for the Nike Women’s Marathon in San Francisco, but earlier this week I received my entrant number to the New York Marathon.

Jim2: New York City! Jeepers Jim, what are you going to do?

Jim: I’m still thinking about it Jim2. I’m still thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home