Saturday, July 22, 2006

Run For Central Park, 4 Miles

This was the first race I've run in a long time. That's the finish line behind me. It was a hot and humid this morning (humidity was 93%).

It was a nice race, Aurora and I ran together for the first three miles, just going nice and easy. At the fourth mile, I told Aurora I'd like to push it a little and she encouraged me to go on. So I turned on the speed and had a nice finish.

The best part, coming around the corner to the finish line and having the Team in Training teammates cheering us on. That's a pretty great feeling, if you can get a cheering section I highly suggest it.

May have to take it easy for the next week (even though this past week was the easy week). I'm experiencing a little pain the back of my calf. I think I may have strained something. It doesn't hurt while I'm running, but after ward it's a little tender.

Got any running tips? Feel free to pass them on...

-Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home