Tuesday, September 05, 2006


Tuesday September 5, 2006

Central Park - Five Miles

Worked on Pacing

First off it was raining. Ugh! I had little desire to run this evening, but I dragged my self up to the park. Once I got there and saw the other die hards hopping around in the rain waiting for the run to begin, I felt much better.

The work out was simple, run three of the lower loops of Central Park. The first one at an easy pace, the second one should be about 15-20 seconds faster than the first, the third should be 10-15 seconds faster than the second.

So how did I do? Not too well as far as pacing goes. I ran the second loop a full minute faster than the first, and the third about 45 seconds faster than the second. The run was fine and I felt fine, but I was disappointed that I couldn't time it better. I asked Coach Lisa about this and she, always supportive, told me not to worry to much about it just now.

This is the first of a series of pacing workouts, so I have plenty of time to practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home