Saturday, June 24, 2006

6/24/06 Work Out Summary

Prospect Park

Brooklyn TNT

We were supposed to have a "surprise" coach, either Ramon (who is a Marathon/Ironman athlete) or Coach Michael (who is also a Marathon/Ironman athlete) this morning, but I think both of them got lost on their way to Brooklyn.

It was a miserable morning. In fact I kind of thought practice would be canceled because there were thunderstorms.

Went to practice anyway, and the die hards were there. We finally got the word that our special coaches were a no show. So our very own Liz C., stepped up to the plate put on her coaching hat, and took over. Way to go Liz! And special thanks to her for not chiding me about eating pizza the night before. Our Brooklyn coaches, Vanessa and Lisa were at two of the four corners of the earth either on business or running around in Alaska.

The run today was arduous. I had pizza the night before, you carbo loading. Wrong choice. Half way through I was having horrific acid indigestion. I had to cut the run short so I only did a loop around the park. Now I know better.

Speaking of food and training; I have a little father/son story on the importance of a good meal before a workout. Keep an eye out for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home