Thursday, July 27, 2006

7/26/06

The Big Coach Comes to Brooklyn

Coach Ramon came to Brooklyn tonight. I didn't even know we had practice till that morning. It kind of put a kink in my plans for the day. It was a celebration day of sorts and I was hoping to take my lady out for a dinner, but...

I made her go to practice instead. I thought it would be a review of all the hill work we did on Tuesday night. But NOOOOOOO, Ramon felt we all needed a little strength training.

This involved doing a lot of squats, sprinting up and down hills, more squats and some other postures that became increasingly difficult the longer we stayed in the pose. For example we'd stand like this:

Ok, I didn't have the umbrella for support, but trust me it wasn't easy getting into this position. Actually all we did was pick one leg up off the ground and hold it so that the quad was parallel to the ground.

I am sore today. Feeling a few pains in muscles I didn't know I didn't know I had. But it's all good. We're gearing up for a long this Saturday, so Ramon told us to take it easy Thursday and Friday.

-JP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home