Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Workout Summary Sept. 27, 2006

Mileage: 5

Time: See the notes

Route: Central Park Lower loop

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=461042

Notes: I had to pee as soon as I got to practice. There are no restrooms or porto-potties at 90th street. I just can't bring myself to go in the bushes in Central Park, even though I know people do. After all, what would my mother think? The closest restroom was at the boathouse, exactly 1 mile away. So I hopped around while announcements were made.

The team is sent out in groups: the advance & intermediate runners go first (these are the super runners who run 6-7 minute miles), then the beginners (I am a beginner). But I couldn't wait, I took off with the fast group. I found the right stride that allowed me to move forward but not jostle my bladder and was able to make it to the restroom with out incident (in about 12 minutes).

So the first loop I ran at an easy pace. It's about a 1.7 miles around and I did it in 18:30. The next loop was supposed to be 30 seconds faster. I did the second loop in 16:40. Uh oh! To finish off the run, we were to run the last mile back (that's the boat house to 90th Street) as fast as we could.

That last mile I did in 9:44. So what does this all mean? It means I'm probably starting off too slow and need to pick up the pace on the front end.

"The race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself." Mary Schmich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home