Monday, October 02, 2006

October 2, 2006

Workout Summary

Mileage: 10

Time: 1:48

Route: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=472317

Notes: Do you ever get that feeling that something just isn't right? I got it this morning. I had the strangest feeling that overnight, Manhattan and New Jersey had disappeared. Not in an apocalyptic way, more in, a "we're tired and we deserve a vacation so we're going to Boca for a few days," kind of way.

I had that running through my head as I got ready for my morning run. It was still dark out. I started running down Third Avenue. As I started to get warmed up, I thought, I'll just take a look and see if the Brooklyn Bridge is still there. Yep it was still there. So I thought, maybe I'll just take a quick run across and make sure that Manhattan on the other side of the bridge isn't a mirage. I got to the other side and found that Manhattan had not left for Boca.

Since I was already in Manhattan a little after seven in the morning and still feeling good, I thought, lets take a run over to the west side and see if New Jersey is still there.

I can't really confirm that New Jersey was there, I mean it looked like it was there, but I didn't actually set foot on it. As far as I know it's still there, but I know a lot of people who reside in New Jersey and I didn't hear from them all day yesterday. Coincidence?

Why the big run on a Monday? A couple of reasons: 1) Didn't get a run in over the weekend, more on the weekend later, let me just tell you it involved me, a suit, a tie, and Long Island. Nuff said. 2) Decided to take the offensive and fight off "a case of the Mondays." 3) There is no reason number three. 4) When I got out there, it just felt right. 5) I wanted to see the sun come up as I ran across the Brooklyn Bridge.

Have a great week!

-JP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home