Saturday, July 29, 2006

7/29/06

Two days of rest was not enough.

I set out to run 10 miles and seemed to be going along just fine. Then I stopped for a drink and took a few steps. Holy CoW it felt like someone was stabbing my knee.

I thought it's nothing. I jogged a few more steps and I was done for the day. I walked back to the bag watch, picked up my bag and went straight to the YMCA for a stretch in the air cooled comfort and a rinse in a cold shower.

The pain didn't go away when I got home, so I iced it up. Fearing this was ITBS I got on the computer and started the research. The first thing everyone says: REST. STOP RUNNING.

So no running for me for the next few days. Plenty of ice and rest. I think the two hard workouts this past week just ran me down, so now the body is saying you need to take it easy.

I'll keep you up to date.

JP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home