Thursday, October 19, 2006


MARATHON ANXIETY PART ONE

I've had this dream a few times in the last month. Here it is:

I'm in Central Park I've run the 26 miles, I can see the finish line, I hear the crowds, I'm tired, legs tired, but I can make it. I can make it, the finish line is just few hundred feet away. And I STOP.

I look around, there are people yelling, saying "you're almost there, keep going!" I take a deep breath, bend over at the waist, stretch. I watch other runners go past. Then I sit down and remove my shoe that has the timing chip. I look at the shoe, stand up. Then I throw my shoe across the finish line.

I then walk off the course and disappear in the crowd.

Any of you amateur dream interpreters/Freudians out there who have an opinion on this let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home